What we offer
Key products and services
An electronic cheque clearing facility that receives and validates cheque code line data from acquiring (collecting) banks and forwards settlement information to the treasury departments of the issuing (homing/paying) banks to the SARB.
Physical cheques are matched overnight with electronic data overnight and dispatched to the respective issuing banks early the following day, while an image repository facilitates quick query resolution.
Allows customers to move single credit payments in real-time to beneficiaries 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
This real-time clearing system is integrated with the central bank settlement service which supports multiple settlement windows and includes the ability to force settlement when a participating bank’s daily exposure limit is reached.
- All service level agreements (SLAs) were met and delivered.
- We launched a modernisation research programme with PASA.
- Our authenticated collections solution was developed and progressed into pilot stage as scheduled.
- The structural consolidation of payments and collections services were implemented.
- The integration of the managed network services portfolio was integrated into the Digital Infrastructure business.
- We consolidated our payments and collections services into discrete portfolios, while the managed network services portfolio was absorbed into the Digital Infrastructure portfolio.
- Managing the operational risk posed by the modernisation project to our IT architecture methodology.
- Ensuring all businesses are aligned and that there is clarity on joint and separate responsibilities following the restructure.
We will review and rationalise current portfolios and associated resource structures, ensuring we have the right capabilities. We intend to introduce a research team to support and formalise our thought leadership goals.
We will continue to standardise services and improve perceived value to critical stakeholders. We will do this through better business intelligence and non-contradictory account management, and through appropriate pricing of services.
We are committed to participating in industry-focused discussions on the future of the payments landscape – a priority for the business.